March 27, 2009

Why Do Things Change?

So yesterday I found out that they are closing the Starbucks I work at. They're aiming for June 1st. I'm shocked. Floored. Still hoping in vain that it isn't true. But it is. And there is nothing I can do about it.

I know it was just a job. But for me it wasn't. I owe the life I have right now to that store and all the people in it. I made my best friends there. It was because of Starbucks that I had my first kiss. All the people there helped me come out of my shell. I was a super introverted person. But I'm not anymore. I have confidence in myself now. I can't believe that soon that building will just be an empty shell. That I'll drive by it everyday, reminded everyday of all the great memories, the great times I had there. I don't want it to end. But I know everything has to end eventually. But I wasn't ready for it to end this soon.

I'm going to miss our customers SO much. They're all so special to me. What are they going to do now?

What am I going to do now? It's so hard to find a job. I'm probably going to have to work at McDonald's or something like that. I've always tried to be positive about change. But the truth is I'm scared of change. Of change I don't want. I'm going to have to get used to a whole new routine. Get used to a new schedule, get used to new people, everything. I'm so freaking scared. I loved this job. SO MUCH.

Now what am I going to do?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww I'm so sorry. It's so sad that you found a job that you love (not many people have that) and now it'll be gone.

Good luck. I hope the changes that are ahead are changes that you get to love too!

{hug}